Sunday, January 1, 2012

The year Y2K+12

Remember Y2K? The world's computers were going to crash and life as we knew it was going to be thrown into chaotic anarchy. People were stocking up on food, water, medical supplies and in some cases weapons. As it turned out, 1999 turned to 2000 with little more than a whimper. New Year's eve parties went on as planned. The ball dropped in Times Square. Everybody yelled, "Happy New Year!". January 1st, 2000 felt like any other day.

Here we are 12 years later. The economy is in shambles. Gas is projected to hit $4 by spring. This fallen world seems to be getting worse by the minute. But we are certainly a far cry from anarchy or chaos. Life is so good! We live in the age of information and the world is at our fingertips. I can go anywhere in the world without ever leaving my reclining La-Z-Boy. Isn't the internet great? Everything in my life is coming up roses. I have everything I need and I've never been happier. I am glad to see the arrival of Y2K+12. Our Sveta will be home in a matter of weeks. I have a great job and I'm one year closer to retirement. I have the best wife and kids any man could ask for.

Happy New Year family and friends. May your 2012 be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment