Friday, October 12, 2012

A SERIOUS NOTE!

I have no idea how this happened, but somehow, some way, somebody got their hands on my credit card number. The actual card is still in my possession, so the thief only has my number. Tami was looking at our bank statement about 11:00 last night and noticed 5 or 6 purchases in Columbus, Ohio that weren't ours. As a matter of fact, the purchases were only mere minutes old. She immediately got on the phone and blocked all cards connected to that account, but not before several hundred dollars had been charged. I have no doubt the charges will be removed and our money returned, but the idea of somebody having my bank account information scares me to death. We'll probably have to close the old account and open a complete new one. UGH!

If you know me well, you know I am very careful with stuff like this. I never leave my card anywhere and I am meticulous about caring for my receipts. This is what makes this theft so perplexing. How in the world did this thief get my number? My best guess is my number was stored on some company's database or website and someone hacked into the site and compromised personal information. I will probably never know for sure.

Be careful folks! Thank goodness Tami happened to check our bank statement online. No telling what would have happened if this had gone unnoticed for another day.

By the way, some of you may find it strange that I prayed for whoever stole from me. Obviously this person is lost and certainly needs more help than a a few hundred bucks can offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment