Thursday, October 18, 2012

Abby's day off

Abby is on "Fall Break" the next few days. Guess what she did on her day off today. Slept late? Nope! Watched TV? Nope! Surfed the internet? Nope! Spent the day catching up on FaceBook? Nope! Give up? She got up before 6 A.M. and spent the day with me at work. She has actually done this the last 3 or 4 years and really enjoys it.

Abby did some work for me, sat at my desk doing homework and observed her daddy in action. Or as she put it, "I get to go to school with my dad tomorrow and hear him use his mean 'teacher voice'". Abby will tell you I am entirely different person at work. Other than my colleagues, she's one of the few who have witnessed what I do on a daily basis. She got to see the types of kids I am dealing with and how hard I really work. It was wonderful spending the day with her. I don't know how many more of these days we have left. I will cherish each one because it may be the last.

Abby's day off was considerably different than Ferris Buehler's Day Off. I had a great day with my Sugar Lump.

No comments:

Post a Comment