Thursday, October 4, 2012

You need a new JERSEY!

One of my pet peeves is grammatical errors and words spelled incorrectly on sign boards. The types you see at fast food restaurants, schools or churches. However, some mistakes are understandable as the people putting the letters on the board may not be the most highly educated folks. I can actually empathize... I changed the sign board at church a few weeks ago and it's easy to get confused and make a mistake. But knowing how critical I am when I see mistakes, I proofread my finished work about ten times to ensure there were no errors. Most other folks probably don't do this.

Anyway, as I was saying, these types of errors are understandable. However, I stumbled across a website that showed team names and player names spelled incorrectly on professional and college sports jerseys. Keep in mind these are multi-billion dollar professional teams and college programs paying multi-billion dollar companies to manufacture these garments (Nike, Adidas etc...).

Here are the first two. It might be easy to jump to a stereotypical conclusion, but don't do it. There is plenty of ignorance to go around.

Check out the spelling of Kentucky on #11's jersey...


And the spelling of West Virginia...


Apparently the Naval Academy isn't immune...


The Canadians aren't much better...


Seriously? A backward "R"? Who made this jersey, Toys-R-Us?










No comments:

Post a Comment