Friday, October 5, 2012

Fun at the Farmers Fair!

Knowing Sveta would be waiting for me when I got home yesterday, I was pretty excited. As I pulled into the driveway, the following message greeted me. If you can't see it, it says, "Welcome Home Goppa" in sidewalk chalk. What a great way to start the fun evening.


After exchanging the usual hellos, Sveta let me know she was not happy about something. She said, "I wanted to swim, but the pool is locked. And it's dirty too!" The winter cover is on the pool and is full of rain water and leaves. That one cracked me up. I told her I would "unlock" the pool in the spring.

After having her favorite meal for dinner (Cheesy potato soup), we headed to the fair. After winning a stuffed fish at the fish pond she informed me she wanted to ride the ferris wheel. I wasn't sure she knew what a ferris wheel really was or if she was maybe confusing it with a merry-go-round. I kind of put her off temporarily and approached a few of the more tame rides.

Here's Abby with Sveta on the carousel:


We then put her on the cars and motorcycles:


We noticed as soon as she was done with one ride, she was immediately looking for what was next. We then let her ride the helicopters and the kiddie roller coaster that looked like a dragon.


Finally there was no mistake... she knew what a ferris wheel was and she wanted to ride it. And ride it we did! She absolutely LOVED IT! She loved being up high and giggled with delight when it went round and round. Goppa had a really good time too.


After riding everything in sight, we closed the evening with chocolate ice cream (of course!)

I don't think I'd be exaggerating if I said Grandma, Abby and Goppa had more fun than Sveta did and she had the time of her life!

Tomorrow we go down for the parade and more fun at the Farmers Fair. It's also the day Sveta will play the Mouse (Rat!) Game with her great-grandpa Frank. Can't wait for that!

And just for fun, here are a few more photos:














No comments:

Post a Comment