Friday, September 6, 2013

Emotional attachment

Several years ago I made a very important decision. I decided to sever my emotional attachment to the Cincinnati Bengals. Gone are the days of living and dying with every play. No more will I watch in anguish as the Bengals blow another game or make a stupid play. I will no longer wake up depressed on a Monday morning after a Bengals loss. Don't get me wrong. I'm still a fan and I will watch the games. However, I am now a CASUAL fan. I don't bleed orange and black and I refuse to let grown men making millions upon millions of dollars playing a game rule my emotions. If the Bengals win, I will cheer and shout, "Who-Dey!" with the best of 'em. If they lose, so be it. Life's too short to get upset over a stupid football game.

I'm working on making the same leap with my beloved Cincinnati Reds. I am not quite there yet and I still bleed Cincinnati Red. I'm making progress though. The Reds losses hurt a little less these days and I suspect it won't be long before I shrug my shoulders when the Reds lose. Just as it is with the Bengals,  
I am not hanging on every pitch. But I'd be lying if I told you I was completely a casual Reds fan. I'm not, but I'm working on it.






No comments:

Post a Comment