Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Ten Commandments

As most of you know, Tami and I host a Bible study in our home every Wednesday evening. Our little group of budding Bible scholars spent the last several months studying the books of Genesis and Exodus. Once we finished Exodus, we decided to watch Cecil B. Demille's epic 1956 movie, The Ten Commandments. Tonight was that night (we actually started the movie last night and finished it tonight). Although I have seen the movie many times, I am always amazed at the epic tale of the Hebrews' flight from the bondage of Pharaoh in Egypt. God's hand on His chosen people, the nation of Israel, was evident even then. I never tire of this incredible story. Who says the Old Testament is boring? I'll tell you who... those who have never read it... that's who!

Moses the slave

LET MY PEOPLE GO!

The Parting of the Red Sea

The WORD of God

No comments:

Post a Comment