Monday, September 30, 2013

Super Hero?

Remember how you never saw Super Man and Clark Kent in the same place? Or how you never saw Batman and Bruce Wayne in the same room? Obviously we know why...

Recently I got to thinking that I've never seen Dusty Baker and Marvin Lewis at the same time. Coincidence? Hmmmm... I'm beginning to think not. Why? Glad you asked. Listening to Cincinnati sports talk radio today, I heard the same thing over and over. "Not a good weekend for fans of professional sports teams in Cincinnati." I heard the same descriptions for both teams multiple times... Disinterested, flat, uninspired, going through the motions, mailing it in, the other team wanted it more, acting like they didn't want to be there, embarrassing, the list goes on and on. I am a firm believer that teams take on the personality of their coaches. I think this has never been more true than it is with the Reds and the Bengals. Both teams lack discipline, lack a competitive fire, lack a killer instinct, lack leadership and lack someone telling them to kick it into gear or they will find themselves riding the bench or out of a job. Mediocrity reigns supreme in Cincinnati sports. I truly believe Dusty and Marvin are the same guy and same coach (just wearing different uniforms).

Bottom line: Neither the Reds nor the Bengals will ever go anywhere until they fire Dusty- Marvin- Baker- Lewis.

The Reds and Bengals are the best average teams in their respective leagues. Masters of mediocrity!

No comments:

Post a Comment