Tuesday, October 1, 2013

TWO YEARS!

Two years ago, on October 1, 2011, I sat in my easy chair with my laptop. I have no idea what came over me or how I decided to start a blog, but that's exactly what I did. Not being a big talker, I guess I had a lot of thoughts and feelings bottled up inside. A blog seemed like a logical outlet. I have always been a quiet man. Sometimes I am even silent for extended periods of time. I know it drives Tami crazy because she never knows what's on my mind. It's not her fault, it's mine. I just don't ever feel the need to talk things out. Tami's favorite line used to be, "Your silence is DEAFENING!". She meant my silence was bothering her and she needed to hear something from me... anything!

I've gotten a little better about expressing myself verbally (but not much). Now that I have this blog, Tami needs only to log on to find out what's going on in my puny little brain. I'm much better with the written word than I am with the spoken word.

Well, here I am two years later. I had absolutely no idea this blog would last this long. I had no clue people would stay interested. Over 700 posts and 10,000 page views later, Silence Runs Deep is still going strong.

Happy Birthday, Blog! Many happy returns!

Thanks for two wonderful years, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment