Friday, October 25, 2013

Soli Deo Gloria

I'm sure you've seen me sign off some of my blog posts with the phrase, "Soli Deo Gloria". This phrase is on one of the five banners that grace the back wall of the auditorium in our church. Each banner contains one of the following Latin phrases: “Sola Scriptura” (Scripture alone), “Solus Christus” (Christ alone), “Sola Gratia” (grace alone), “Sola Fide” (faith alone) and “Soli Deo Gloria” (To God alone glory). These phrases were catchwords that came out of the Protestant Reformation in the 1500’s and helped to define what the Reformation was about.

I have recently been working at doing everything in my life for only the glory of God. I thought I should explain the meaning of the phrase if I use it in blog posts.

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment