Friday, October 4, 2013

The Reds got it right

The Reds fired Dusty Baker today. It was the right decision and can only lead to positive things in the future. While I never like to see another man lose his job, it's tough to feel sorry for Dusty. He is still under contract for one more year and will receive about 4 million dollars for next year. He will receive all that money and he is free to pursue another job in baseball...Manager, front office, consultant or otherwise. The bottom line is he'll be fine. I haven't had a chance to read any of the news yet, but apparently the two sides agreed on a mutual separation. I don't think this would be a tough decision at all. If someone wanted to pay me 4 million bucks to go away, I'd be gone.

Thanks for everything, Dusty. You weren't always bad for the Reds. You're a great guy and I'd love to sit down and hear some baseball stories or pick your brain full of baseball knowledge. Enjoy your retirement. You've earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment