Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A "grave" reminder

As the saying goes, "Life is short". With each passing day this is becoming more and more evident.

My Father-in-law has recently been researching his family tree. He has taken some trips to cemeteries around the area in order to see the graves of some of his ancestors. One of his trips took him to St. Mary's cemetery in St. Bernard where my dad is buried. It's strange to see my dad's name (which is also my name) on a grave stone. It's also strange to think that when my dad was my age, he was already stricken with leukemia and fighting for his life. A fight he lost at the age of 47. As the days pass I am amazed in knowing I will outlive my dad if I live past April 5th (that's less than 6 months away!). Incredible to even think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment