Monday, October 14, 2013

A rare treat

Michael came over for a visit this evening. He and I were left to have dinner on our own because Abby was out with friends and Tami wasn't eating. I asked what he wanted to eat since it was just "us guys", and he came up with the perfect answer... WHITE CASTLES! It was the perfect answer because we only eat sliders when the girls aren't eating with us. We both ate too many and I'm sure there will be a price to paid later :-(

This slider supper brought back some nice memories. When Michael was a little boy I used to take him to the Reds game. We would always stop and pick up a sack of White Castles to eat on the way to the game. It was always our guy thing... just a father/son special and rare treat. I was reminded of those times tonight. It was a good night with my son. Nothing like father and son bonding over some greasy, artery clogging deliciousness.

Maybe one day I'll take my grandchildren to the Reds game and maybe, just maybe we'll pick up some White Castles along the way. Ah, tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment