Sunday, October 6, 2013

Not my hometown team

Everyone who reads this blog knows I am a fan of the local sports teams. The Reds, The Bengals etc... What you may not know is that I am a fan of another team. The Denver Broncos. I have been a fan of the Broncos since I've been 10 years old. You may ask why would I be a fan of a team so far away, but I wouldn't be able to give you an answer. The truth is, I have no idea how it happened. As best as I can tell it probably goes back to my days of collecting baseball and football cards. There was probably a card of a Broncos player that I particularly liked or something. For whatever reason I started following the team and rooting for them. This casual following of the team turned quickly into being a full blown fan. It's even possible I know more about the Broncos than the Bengals. Goodness knows the Broncos have given me more to cheer about over the years. The Orange Crush defense of the 70's. The miracle games against the Browns in the 80's, John Elway, Terrell Davis and the Mile High Salute of the 90's and now the era of Payton Manning in 2013. Just as it used to be with the Reds and Bengals, I would live and die with every Broncos football game. Now I root for them with the same casual interest I give the Reds and Bengals.

The Reds had a disappointing season. The Bengals are mediocre to a little above average and the Broncos are undefeated. Reds? I'll see you next year. Bengals? You gotta show me something, guys. Broncos? Keep on rollin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment