Wednesday, October 2, 2013

One and done!

The Reds season ended last night with a mere whimper. They played a one game wildcard playoff and performed just as they have the last two weeks. Uninspired, flat, no energy, apathetic and nonchalant. So sad. Not because they lost and the fans are disappointed, but because these guys are making a gazillion dollars and act like it's no big deal.

The end result is not a surprise. This team has been underperforming all year and they saw that pattern continue until the very end. The other teams in the playoffs are hungrier and are playing like they want to be there. More power to 'em, they deserve it. The Reds got what they deserve... a trip home. Have a nice winter, Boys.

You may think because I am blogging about this I am bitterly disappointed and upset. Nope. Not even close. I've got bigger problems in my life than my favorite baseball team losing. I do not draw my joy from the Cincinnati Reds. I draw my joy from my family. I have a wonderful wife and great kids. I have two beautiful grandchildren who I don't get to se nearly enough. I have a mother and siblings who care about me and I have a church family like no other. I am blessed and I know it.

Do I wish the Reds would have won last night? Of course! Am I going to wallow in despair? PFFFFFFFTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! You gotta be kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment