Thursday, October 10, 2013

Mr. Fix It

1 Corinthians 1:31 says if you are going to boast, boast in the Lord. Therefore please do not take this post as me bragging or boasting about myself or my abilities. All glory and honor to God. The One who is worthy of it.

Last Wednesday our washing machine broke down. I won't go into boring details, but a quick Google search of the symptoms revealed what the problem probably was. Tami and I agreed with Google's diagnosis of our problem. On Saturday I finally had a chance to tear the machine apart and find the broken part. I quickly ordered a new part on line and it arrived yesterday. In a matter of minutes I replaced the part, put the machine back together and hooked everything back up. All systems were go and I ran a test load to make sure the washing machine was properly repaired. It was and all went well. The machine ran through a full cycle flawlessly. Satisfied with myself, I put my tools away. I was so happy to repair my washer for the meager cost of a $25 part. There are no service call charges or labor costs when you do the work yourself.

If you don't know me very well, you might read my tale of washing machine repair and think I'm some kind of Mr. Fix It Handyman. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm not handy with tools and unless something is ultra simple, I'm not capable of repairing it. I do my best, but I just wasn't born with the knack to fix things. However, in this case, (and with the help of a YouTube video), I was able to repair the machine and save the cost of an expensive repair bill or an even more expensive new washing machine.

This is just another example of the Lord providing for my family. Money is tight right now and this nation's economy is in shambles. I can assure you a new washing machine or expensive repair bill is not in the family budget. The Lord took care of me as He always does. $25? That's a manageable amount of money. I'm just thankful it was a job I could handle myself.

Here's the culprit:

No comments:

Post a Comment