Saturday, December 10, 2016

Eggnog

It's that time of year again! One of the only good things about winter... EGGNOG! (This excludes Christmas, of course. What's not to love about celebrating the birth of our Savior?)

Eggnog. That smooth, creamy deliciousness that tastes nothing like eggs or nog (whatever nog is!). In my opinion the only commercially produced eggnog worth drinking is UDF brand. I've not tried all of the mass produced eggnogs, but of the ones I've tried, UDF is the only one I like. Granted, I've never tried homemade eggnog, but I'd probably like it if I tried it.

Some people are eggnog purists, but not me. I like eggnog in coffee (don't knock it 'til you've tried it), on ice cream, and with just a touch of rum in it. Oh yeah, eggnog with just about anything is good. I think I'll go out today and get a quart or two.

And don't forget the cinnamon and nutmeg!

No comments:

Post a Comment