Monday, April 30, 2012

Farewell April!

The month of April has come and the month of April has gone. I like April because it's better than March. Don't even get me started on January and February! I like April, but not nearly as much as May. HELLO, MAY! Tomorrow is May 1st and the smell of summer is already in the air. May means State Testing (the OAA) at school is complete. May means the official summer countdown has begun. May means lots of outdoor activities at school. Field Day and cookouts, anyone? May means Memorial Day and then it's time for a vacation! For those who think teachers get THREE MONTHS OFF in the summer... I would like to kindly and respectfully remind you of this. My last day of school is June 8th and starts again August 15th. I will go back to school August 1st to begin preparing my classroom and lesson plans. That's about 7 weeks. A far cry from three months. Most teachers take CE (continuing education) classes or workshops in the summer. This is required to keep a valid teaching license. Also, most teachers work at least a part time job in the summer. I will have one myself this year. Please understand I am not complaining. Not in the slightest. I've got a great job and a great schedule, but three months off is not exactly accurate. Anyway, May is here and then comes summer. It's a good time of year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment