Monday, April 16, 2012

I now live in the Windy City

Yes, you read correctly. I now live in the Windy City. No, I didn't suddenly relocate my family to Chicago. I'm referring to the number of excessively windy days it seems we've experienced in the last 5 or 6 years. I'm not talking about high winds winds associated with thunderstorms that blow through the area quickly. I'm talking about days when the wind just howls! 30-40 mph gusts and sustained winds in excess of 25 mph. Maybe since I've lived in Hidden Valley I notice the winds more. However, I seriously doubt this is the case. I truly don't remember having so many windy days. Not just spring days with a stiff breeze, but windy, windy days! As I type this, the flags outside are whipping as they stand straight out. Has anyone else noticed all these windy days or is it just me? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Incidentally, do you know how Chicago got the nickname The Windy City? It actually has nothing to do with windy weather conditions. It originates from the idea that Chicagoans talk a lot. The people there are "windy". Just another fun fact that probably interests only me :-)

1 comment:

  1. It's thaty global warming that I read about on Al Gore's computer. Teehee!

    The wife

    ReplyDelete