Saturday, July 20, 2013

I never thought...

Mr. and Mrs. Michael Meyer. Today is our 22nd wedding anniversary. I am so thankful God put us together. When I was younger, I always dreamed of being married with children and living in a nice house. I never thought that dream would come true. I never thought anybody would want to marry somebody like me. As I grew a little older I figured I would get married, but also figured I would probably have to settle for someone out of desperation. I never thought somebody like Tami would ever even give me the time of day. As is so often the case, I was totally wrong and God had big plans for my life. On July 20, 1991, Tami and I said, "I do". The match made in heaven was complete. Not only did God send me the woman of my dreams, he sent me the best mother on earth, a wonderful grandmother and my best friend. He sent me a God fearing, smart, caring, beautiful wife. I never thought I would be this happy in my marriage. Wrong again! For about the billionth time in my life I was selling God short. My marriage is amazing. Of course as it is with all marriages, it has its ups and downs. The ups outweigh the downs by about 10,000 to 1. I could not be any happier with my wife and I am so thankful for her. I never thought it could be this good, but it is this good and even better. I never thought... That's the song we danced to at our wedding. "I never thought", by Dan Hill.

It also brings to mind this favorite from The Flintstones:


No comments:

Post a Comment