Friday, July 26, 2013

It's a jungle out there!

I've spent the majority of the last few days working outside. Of all the things I have seen in my yard, what has struck me the most is the absolute and complete invasiveness of weeds. It really is amazing how weeds can grow in every nook and cranny. They grow in sunny areas and shady areas. Wet areas and dry areas. I don't like weeds and I'm not saying they are beautiful, but I can appreciate them for what they are... part of God's creation. After the fall of man in the book of Genesis, God told Adam that man would toil for all his days and the weeds (I think the Bible uses the word thistles) would be relentless (please pardon the paraphrasing). The point being, there would always be work for man to do. Well, let me tell you folks, God was NOT kidding. My yard is a mass of weeds... and I really try to take care of my yard. I shudder to think what it would look like if I didn't stay on top of my yard work. It really is a jungle out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment