Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I'm alive and well

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
-Mark Twain

Apparently there are reports on FaceBook today that I passed away. Although this is news to me, I completely understand what happened.

For the third time in less than a month, my tiny school district has experienced a death. The assistant high school principal died of a heart attack today. He was 54 years old. His name was Gerry Myers. Obviously our surnames are similar. The reports on Facebook are saying, "Mr. Myers from St. Bernard school passed away". See the problem? I'm here to tell you that Mr. MEYER is alive and well. Sadly, Mr. Myers is not.

I don't have a Facebook account, so I'm receiving the reports of my death second hand. I sure hope people are saying nice things about me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment