Monday, July 1, 2013

No Spring Chicken

I've known it for a while. I haven't really wanted to face it, but the fact is undeniable. I'm not a spring chicken anymore. I've noticed that I tire more easily and I take naps whenever I can. It used to be that I would never, ever take a nap. I used to be able to work in the yard almost nonstop. Now I get worn out quickly and take frequent breaks. My summer job is really taking a toll on me this year. The job is physical in nature, but not what you'd call back breaking labor. This kind of work didn't bother me when I was younger, but now my back hurts all the time. Things hurt for no apparent reason and things take much longer to heal than before. I realize I'm still a middle aged guy, but I'm definitely starting to feel my age. Getting old is a strange thing. If you're like me, you never thought it would happen to you. Inevitably it IS happening and there is no escaping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment