Sunday, July 14, 2013

It ain't all bad...

As you know, Abby is in Mexico on a missions trip. Based on the limited information we have gotten so far, things are going well. We'll keep praying.

Now don't take this next statement the wrong way, but with Abby gone for a week, Tami and I have taken the opportunity to reconnect and relax. Believe me, we're not happy that Abby is gone and we miss her terribly. However, a kid-free house has afforded us the opportunity to discuss a lot of things that have been put on the back burner for way too long. We also took the opportunity yesterday to have dinner on the deck and to take a refreshing swim. Today we we went out for a very nice lunch to celebrate our anniversary a week early. The actual date is next Saturday, but that will be a busy day and a celebration will not be possible. I guess what I'm saying is we miss Abby terribly, but we're not going to sit around crying about it. We may as well have some nice time together while we have the chance. It's actually a precursor of things to come. In fact, I have dubbed Tami and I a pair of ENITs. (i.e. Empty Nesters In Training). It ain't all bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment