Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Proof Positive --- Movies Stink!

Remember when I said most movies are trash? Remember I said finding anything worth watching is very challenging? Well, here's proof positive. I saw this article on the Fox News website today. It basically says that the four movies with the biggest budgets have all flopped this summer. They say it's because the story lines and characters aren't worth a plug nickel. All of the money is being spent on special effects. Movie makers think with the advances in technology, special effects will be enough to draw moviegoers in. Not so. People want movies with some meat... not just a bunch of glitzy special effects. This article affirms what I already knew. They just don't make many good movies anymore.

Click the link below to see what I'm talking about...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/07/24/blockbusters-go-bust-big-budget-movies-keep-going-belly-up-this-summer/?intcmp=features

There are very, very few movies I will pay full price to see. It has to be something really special to get me to spend $10 per person at the theater. The few movies I am interested in seeing, I will rent and watch in the comfort of my own home. Call me an old scrooge, but I can't stand going to the movie theater. There are several reasons I say this. The moviegoing public annoys me in general. Talking in the theater, phones lighting up everywhere, people kicking my seat, people crawling over me while getting up and leaving for the restroom or to get an overpriced bucket of popcorn. The reports of bedbug infested theaters is enough to keep me away as well. There are so many things I don't like about going to the movie theater, that they far outweigh any reason I could come up with FOR going. Of course there are exceptions (taking my grandchildren to a movie for example)...

No comments:

Post a Comment