Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Crunch Time

This is it. Crunch time. Where the rubber meets the road. The last two days of school before a two week Christmas break. Like sharks in a feeding frenzy, these kids can smell blood. They are so ready to be done with me. These next two days I will do anything to keep these kids in check (up to and including standing on my head). As always, we will survive, but it will be a tough road getting there.

Actually I don't blame the kids. I love Christmas too and I am just as excited as they are. They are excited about getting presents and I am excited about spending time with my family and seeing my grandchildren. I really do love the Christmas season. I enjoy decorating the house. I love the parties and gatherings. I am particularly fond of all the food this time of year. But most of all I want to remember why we are doing this. To celebrate the birth of our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ. God coming to earth in the form of man. A Great King born in a lowly manger. The spotless lamb born of the most humble beginnings.

One more week until the blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment