Monday, December 22, 2014

It's all good

A few days ago I made a post about having two weeks off, but being so busy that it hardly felt like it. Admittedly I was feeling a bit sorry for myself. POOR ME! Yesterday at church I was snapped back into reality. Who am I to whine? What better gift do I have to give this Christmas season other than my time? During His time on earth, Jesus always made himself available and never complained. Not once in the Bible did Jesus ever tell someone he didn't have time for them. And believe me, everybody wanted a piece of Jesus. He would be on his way to heal a sick person and he would be stopped along the way to minister to others. Not once did Jesus slough them off and tell them to wait. He always had time for people. On the other hand, there are documented times when Jesus asked for others to do something for Him and they failed. Remember when Jesus asked a few of His disciples to pray with Him the night before His crucifixion? Remember what happened? They fell asleep. These are reminders that I have no cause to complain about my time. The busy-ness of the Christmas season beckons and I intend to answer that call. I will be spending time with the people I love most and I will not regret one minute of it. There will be plenty of opportunities in the future to have time to myself. For now, my family, friends, and church family are asking for my time and I am going to give it to them with a glad and willing heart. I will not go grudgingly into this glorious season of celebration.

O Come, O Come Emmanuel.
And ransom captive Israel
That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the Son of God appear
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment