Tuesday, February 24, 2015

26 years!

February 24th, 1989. Today is the 26th anniversary of my first date with my lovely wife. It's difficult to believe it was 26 years ago I started a relationship with a woman with whom I would spend the rest of my life. Yet 26 years later... here we are.

In actuality our first date wasn't really a traditional date. Tami had a 4 year old daughter, Jessi, and couldn't just take off with some strange guy and leave her child with a sitter. To complicate matters, Jessi had the chicken pox. So, our first date involved Tami and I sitting in her living room eating popcorn and watching a couple of movies on VHS. Remember those? I remember that night like it was yesterday. We watched Red Heat and Young Guns. Both movies were terrible, but I didn't care. I was sitting on the couch next to the most beautiful woman I had ever seen (and for the record, she still is).

26 years is a long time, but it has gone by in the blink of an eye. This summer we will celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. The way I see it, we are just getting started. We have a lot of life left to live together.



No comments:

Post a Comment