Friday, February 6, 2015

Powerless

I won't bore you with the details, but we had a new washer and dryer delivered today. Suffice it to say the ones we had before were secondhand when we bought them and we got many years of use out of them. They finally went on the fritz yesterday and today we have new laundry facilities.

I'm not what you'd call a handy person, but I have installed washing machines and dryers before. It's not too difficult really. Today I was installing the washing machine and it went according to plan. No problem. I was then moving the dryer into place, hooking up the vent and getting ready to plug it in. No problem, right? Wrong. My new electric dryer had no power cord. Believe me. I looked. A lot! I was flabbergasted. This is an ELECTRIC dryer. It has to have a power cord. I could not have been more wrong. This dryer didn't come with a power cord. You had to buy one separately. I called the store to check and my suspicions were confirmed. Yup! Power cord sold separately. I had never heard of such a thing, but off to the store I went and purchased a cord. It wasn't terribly difficult to connect (3 screws and 3 wires) and I had it up and running in a matter of minutes. We are currently running our first load of laundry through the new machines. Hooray! I get to do laundry this weekend!

On a serious note: I am thankful that God has provided me the resources to afford a new washer and dryer. This is a luxury many people don't have. I addition I learned something today. It is possible to buy an electric dryer that doesn't come with its own power cord. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment