Friday, February 13, 2015

Flip a coin

Teaching is a funny business. For as much crud we put up with, sometimes you realize why you're in this profession. Up until today it has been a rough week... just a real disaster. Then today happens. Today it's like somebody put happy pills in the kids' morning milk. For as bad as the last few days have been, today has been THAT good. The students have been calm, well-behaved and getting along. I'm not really sure what to make of it all. I do know I've gotten some real teaching done today... I'm not used to that either. Today the kids have been attentive and they have actually asked a few investigative questions that surprised me. Hmmmmm... so this is what it's really like to teach. I kind of like it. What will tomorrow bring? Flip a coin.

No comments:

Post a Comment