Friday, July 10, 2015

Impressing the burglars

As I prepare to go on vacation tomorrow, a question crossed my mind. Am I the only one who cleans the house before going on vacation? If I'm not the only one, why do we do this? Are we worried burglars will break in and be appalled if the house is cluttered? Do we want to impress these burglars with our immaculate housekeeping? Are we worried our relatives will pop in while we're gone to "keep an eye on things"? Is it because we can relax more on vacation knowing we left a clean house behind? Is it the fact it's depressing enough to come home from a vacation without the added stress of arriving to a messy house?

I guess you can tell I've been cleaning the house today and this question occurred to me. I have weird thoughts like this sometimes.


This isn't always true. Try loading the dishwasher incorrectly. Try shrinking your wife's favorite clothes in the dryer. Try dusting AFTER you've already vacuumed or wiping the counter with a dish towel instead of a dishrag. Not that I've ever done any of these things, but I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment