Saturday, July 4, 2015

This is a disgrace



This is a disgrace! For American citizens to not know why our nation celebrates Independence Day or even have an idea of the most basic details of the founding of our nation is embarrassing. It pains me as an elementary history teacher to watch this. It pains me even more as an American to watch this. It is amazing how ignorant the American public truly is. I bet these same people could tell you who won American Idol or Dancing with the Stars. I bet they could tell you who Taylor Swift is dating or how many guys she has broken up with. I bet these same people know when the next iPhone is coming out or how to post photos to Instagram. Yet these same people can't come up with maybe the only date an American should know. The knowledge of July 4th, 1776 should be as common as 2+2=4. Why don't they ever ask me about stuff like this? I would give them a dissertation on the American Revolution that would knock their socks off.

No comments:

Post a Comment