Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Covered in sadness

Today is a sad day. It's a day I dread like few others. It's the day I close the pool for the season. It's a sure sign summer has come to an end and shorter days and colder temperatures are close at hand. I can already feel my yearly autumn depression setting in. Right now it's mild, but I know as October and November roll around, the blues will intensify. I know, I Know... count your blessings and quit whining!I get it. It's just that I love the warm weather so much and closing the pool signifies the end of everything I love about the warm months and the beginning of what I dread about the cold months. There is something so comforting about looking out my back door and seeing the blue waters of the pool. Now I get to look out my back door and see the dank blackness of the pool cover. It's almost poetic. The pool cover matches my cold, dark feelings that come with this time of year.

Sorry to be so dramatic. I just hate closing my pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment