Thursday, September 17, 2015

I'm a sucker!

We watched the grandchildren tonight. Their parents went out on a much deserved date.

We were having difficulty getting Elliott to eat anything for dinner. After much consternation, we resorted to tactics that parents and grandparents have used for centuries... bribery! We promised Elliott if he ate a bowl of oatmeal he could have a sucker. Elliott ate every bite of his oatmeal and then promptly asked for the promised sucker. I marched him into the kitchen and opened the candy drawer and found it EMPTY. Elliott's mommy had recently discarded all of the candy in the house. Oh no! The look on Elliott's face went straight to my heart and I knew exactly what I had to do. I did what any self-respecting Goppa would do... I hopped into the car and drove to the store for a bag of lollipops. Upon returning with the sweet treats, I knew I had saved the day. By golly, my grandchildren wanted lollipops and nothing was going to stop me from getting them. I'm such a sucker!

No comments:

Post a Comment