Thursday, December 8, 2011

Court Date GRANTED!

It's always darkest before the dawn. Just when I thought the Russian adoption process would never move forward, God decided to show me how wrong I was and how great He is. On Wednesday morning, Jessi called and uttered the words I have yearned to hear for ever so long. "We have a court date!". I was at school at the time and I nearly broke down into tears of joy right there. However, I held it together and just said how happy I was. I felt like the expectant grandfather whose pregnant daughter had just gone into labor. All I could think was, "This is REALLY going to happen!".

At this point it looks as if Jessi and Barry will fly on December 17th or 18th. They will stand before the Russian judge on the 22nd or 23rd. What incredible news! Just in time for Christmas.

Just when my sweet Sveta will get home is difficult to say. Jessi and Barry will be in Russia for 4-6 weeks. I'm very eager for Sveta to get here, but now that I know something I feel like I can wait for that incredible day when I first get to meet my granddaughter.

This is proof positive... prayer works. God deserves all the glory in this adoption and He shall have it. Praise the Lord for what he has done so far and praise be to God for what He will do on the final leg of this long journey. Thank you to all who prayed with us during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment