Wednesday, December 7, 2011

No news is...

As the saying goes... No news is good news. This is not the case today. Jessi reports that she has heard absolutely nothing from Russia and isn't even sure the judge granted "V" an appointment to see him. We know just as much today as we knew yesterday, last week and last month... NOTHING! If you think my words sound impatient, you're correct. It's difficult to wait. It's difficult thinking we may finally move forward and then nothing happens. Here's a snippet from Jessi's blog that may give you some insight...

Every day I wake up, I realize that my little girl is waking from a nap, and preparing to eat dinner…a dinner that probably won’t fill her completely as is eerily similar to the lunch she ate earlier. Then she will play alone, or with children that are younger than her, and she will go to bed: without a bedtime story, without a kiss on the forehead, without a prayer, without being tucked in by a loving parent.

This is why I want Sveta to come home so badly. I know what her life is like in a Russian orphanage, and I know what her life will be like here. My heart breaks for the wait Jessi and Barry are enduring. It breaks for Sveta who is missing another day of unconditional love.

As is always the case, you look for something positive when things seem bleak. Jessi also reports that a team from the Boaz Project is planning a trip to Gus Khrystalny later in the month and will be able to check on Sveta. It's not the same as having her home, but at least they can have a first hand account of her well being. We have to latch onto these nuggets and keep praying. Praying continually for my granddaughter, for the judge, for Jessi and Barry. I love you, Sveta. I've never met you, but I love you more than I ever felt possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment