Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Happy Goodbye

Today we said our goodbyes to Jessi and Barry. It was the last time we'd see them before they fly to Russia. They fly out Saturday afternoon and will get to visit with Sveta for several days before the court date. The court date is scheduled for December 23rd at 10:00 A.M. (That will be 1 A.M. here at home. Basically that's late Thursday night, into Friday morning for us.)

I never thought I'd say I was happy to say goodbye to my daughter and son-in-law. Especially knowing I will not see them for Christmas or The New Year. Knowing I may not see them until February. But I was thrilled to see them go. Thrilled because I know when they get home, they will have my granddaughter in tow. It blows my mind to think I'm going to be somebody's Grandpa. Sveta and I are going to have such grand times together. Swimming, fishing, picking flowers, shopping for toys or any number of other fun things. Whatever she wants to do, we'll do it. It's going to be a long wait, but I'm guessing the time will go quickly. As my Grandma Meyer used to say, "It won't be as long as it has been". That saying never made complete sense to me, but now it does. It's been a long wait, but now that wait is almost over.

Sveta, your Dadushka is at home waiting for you. I can't wait to meet you and wrap my arms around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment