Thursday, August 8, 2013

Falling apart!

Tami and I are only in our late 40's, but it feels like we're falling apart physically. Tami recently injured her knee and has absolutely no idea how she did it. She's in a lot of pain and is having difficulty walking. She went to the doctor and he suspects a torn meniscus or ligament. She goes in for an MRI Monday to get a definitive answer. I have injured my neck and just like my wife have no idea how it happened. 9 days ago I woke up with what I thought was a stiff neck. Obviously it is more than that because my neck still hurts.

These are only the most recent issues we've experienced. We both have daily aches and pains and they only seem to be getting more numerous and more severe. I remember my parents and grandparents bemoaning the breakdown of their bodies. As a youngster I didn't have much sympathy for them. I do now. I am experiencing first hand the breakdown of my body and I feel it every day. I wake up some mornings and something new hurts that didn't hurt yesterday.

There are lots of advantages to getting old, but the trade off is a body that doesn't work the way it used to. That's okay... it's a trade I'm willing to accept. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go and take some Advil and my multi-vitamin.

No comments:

Post a Comment