Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thank Goodness!

Tomorrow marks the end of my second week of school. Thank Goodness for Labor Day! At this point I am so thankful for a three day weekend. The long weekend makes next week a four day week. Four day work weeks always beat five day work weeks. I'm not lazy folks. I'm just getting older and these kids are really starting to take it out of me. I am more tired at the end of a school day now more than ever before. I was always tired when I got home from work, but NEVER like this. It also doesn't help that the temperature in my classroom is 85 degrees (no exaggeration here, folks). It's miserable. The kids are miserable and so am I. It's especially difficult after lunch. The kids' bellies are full, the classroom is a sweatbox and everybody's groggy. Not exactly an environment conducive to lively, educational lessons. I love summer, but now that school is back in session, I will welcome some cooler temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment