Sunday, August 4, 2013

Wisdom -vs- Knowledge

You can ask my family... I love trivia. I know a tiny bit about many things. I don't know a lot about any one subject. When our family plays Trivial Pursuit, I am a valued player for any team. I remember the most useless things, but tend to forget (or ignore) stuff that is really important. Trust me, I don't plan it that way. It just happens. That's why I'd say I have acquired knowledge.

Tami only focuses on truly important things and either filters out or forgets stuff that is trivial or useless. I wish I could be more like that. She is wise. Her acquisition of wisdom blows my acquisition of knowledge out of the water.

Think about a time when you want to ask for life advice from an older person. Do you seek a knowledgable person or a wise person?. You'd probably say wise every time. I know I would. I've met some very knowledgable people in my life who don't have an ounce of wisdom.

Which would you rather have? Knowledge or wisdom?

No comments:

Post a Comment