Sunday, November 9, 2014

A pastor I ain't!

Tami and I took our once a year turn at conducting a mini church service at the Western Hills Retirement Community. It was just the two of us with about 10 people in the small chapel. Tami led the singing and I was in charge of the opening prayer, closing prayer and the message (aka the sermon). Before you get too impressed, my so-called message was only about ten minutes long. I talked about the parable of the sower in Matthew 13. It really was nothing special, but it was enough to get the job done. My pastor's job is safe and I won't be pastoring any churches in the near future.

In the end, it was a real blessing to minister to a small group of elderly people. What seemed like a mundane chapel service to us, was a big deal to these folks. There's not much excitement in a retirement community and they are thankful for any visitors that come along... even if the visitors are delivering some pedestrian message from the book of Matthew.

No comments:

Post a Comment