Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Yum!

I picked up the smoked turkey today. It smells heavenly! I can't wait to dig into that bird.

Apparently we're late to the party on this smoked turkey thing. When I picked it up, the clerk retrieved my ticket from a box that easily had 300 other tickets in it. I thought this would be a well kept secret, but the number of tickets in that box told me otherwise. I have a feeling this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

I did learn one thing. You must completely thaw and clean out your turkey before dropping it off at the smokehouse. Thankfully we followed the rules, but judging by the number of signs hanging in the restaurant, other people have dropped off frozen turkeys. That practice is severely frowned upon. Here is a picture of our bird before we dropped him off. He looks ready for action!

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny, can't wait to hear how it taste! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete