Monday, November 24, 2014

Smoking a Turkey

I posted a few days ago about the turkey I "shot" in the frozen foods aisle. Once I got the big gobbler home, Tami decided we needed to do something special with it. Last night at church, our friend David Claire gave us just the idea we were looking for. He said his family takes their turkey to "Pit to Plate BBQ" every year. This barbecue restaurant in Mt. Healthy smokes your turkey for the reasonable price of $1 per pound. You know that heavenly, smoky flavor I'm talking about, right? Just think of the pulled pork, chicken or brisket at any southern bbq joint and you can almost taste the smoked turkey we will savor on Thursday. Tami dropped off the turkey today (Monday) and we can pick it up any time after 11:00 A.M. on Wednesday. On Thursday all we have to do is heat the smoked fowl in the oven and we will have a turkey we will never forget. I can hardly wait!

I am glad to let "Pit to Plate" smoke my turkey this year. These guys are bbq experts and will smoke it to perfection. I tried to smoke my own turkey once and it didn't go well at all. I couldn't even get the thing lit. Da-dump-bump! Sorry, everybody. I know that was a really bad joke, but I couldn't resist :-)

But I am serious about getting our turkey smoked by a bbq restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment