Wednesday, July 20, 2016

25

Today is our 25th wedding anniversary. 25 years ago I married my beautiful bride. 25 years ago my life changed forever. 25 years ago a woman more wonderful than I could have ever dreamed vowed to spend the rest of her life with me. 25 years ago I embarked on a journey that I never believed could have taken me down this path.

25 years later Tami and I have three adult children and three gorgeous (and energetic) grandchildren. 25 years later we live in a beautiful home with everything we could ever need. For 25 years God has blessed our marriage and I truly would not trade it for anything. Lord willing I am looking forward to the next 25 years.

Last night our children and grandchildren took us out to dinner to celebrate this glorious occasion. It was the perfect way to commemorate this milestone.

Bear in mind all marriages have their peaks and valleys. Tami and I have had our share of both. Last night we were asked what the key to a long, happy marriage was. I think my wife put it best. She said, "Always be quick to forgive and realize you won't always get your way". All I can say to that is, "AMEN!"

No comments:

Post a Comment