Monday, July 18, 2016

Rain

You all know the song. Sing along with me... Rain Rain go away, come again another another day. Little Mickey wants to play...

Ok. Why the silliness about rain? Because I am going to the Reds game tonight and the forecast is for rain and thunderstorms (some of which may be severe). No big deal, right? Baseball games get rained out all the time, right? That's correct no big deal. Baseball games experience rain delays all the time, right? That's correct also. I'm sitting in my chair as I type this and thunder is rumbling outside and the rain is pouring down. I am laughing quietly to myself because I have always joked that every time I go to a Reds game, it rains. I went to only one game last year and I sat through a two hour rain delay. I need more than two hands to count the number of times I've gone to a Reds game and it has rained... and I usually only go to one (maybe two) games a year. Obviously it is an exaggeration to say it rains EVERY TIME I go to the ballpark. However, it does seem to be a very strange coincidence.

On a brighter note... the Reds stink this year. They are playing the Atlanta Braves (a team that stinks worse than the Reds). It is a rainy Monday night. There will likely be very few people in the stands and the chances of moving down to seats close to the field are very good. The opportunity to snag a foul ball will be greatly increased due to the relatively low number of people in the ballpark tonight as well. Heck, I love baseball and even if it rains, it is always fun to take a field trip to Great American Ballpark. I am likely to get wet. I am likely to see a stinker of a game. But hey, it's baseball and that's all I care about!

No comments:

Post a Comment