Monday, July 11, 2016

Happy Birthday!

July 11, 1997. It was 19 years ago today that Abby was born. Abby is the baby of the family and she is an adult. It's such a strange feeling when all of your kids are grown up. There are no longer little people that rely on you every day. I guess that's why God gave us grandchildren.

Happy birthday today to my sweet little Sugar Lump. I know you are in Mexico serving the Lord, and you probably won't be reading this today. But I just want you to know I am thinking of you and I love you very much.

I remember the day Abby was born and how I almost missed her birth because of a roast beef sandwich. Tami was in labor and the doctor said it would be quite a while before the baby would arrive. I went to the hospital cafeteria to grab a sandwich. I was on my way back to the maternity ward Sandwich in hand) when my oldest daughter came running down the hall. She grabbed my sandwich and yelled one word. "GO!"I knew what she meant. I sprinted to the delivery room and saw Abby's birth with only a couple of minutes to spare. I can't imagine the guilt I would have felt for the rest of my life if I had missed my daughter's birth because of a sandwich. Thankfully, 19 years later, I am not living with that guilt.

Abby, I was there 19 years ago, I am here for you now, and I always will be. You are now, and forever will be my precious (and ever chatty) Sugar Lump.

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment