Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hurry Home, Sveta!


If you are remotely familiar with me, you already know that my daughter Jessi and her husband, Barry Morton are in the the long, difficult process of adopting a three year old little girl from Russia. Svetlana Grace Morton (Sveta for short) currently resides in an orphanage near Vladimir, Russia. To be more specific, she lives in a place called Gus Khrustalny. We pray for her every day and eagerly await her arrival home in the USA. The prospect of being a grandpa was a little strange at first, but I quickly warmed to it and now I can hardly wait to meet Sveta. She is already my pride and joy and she has no idea who I even am yet. Please join me in praying for Jessi, Barry and Sveta. Both before Sveta gets here and after. Our family is growing and I am so excited about all that lies ahead.

BTW- Gus Khrystulny roughly translated means Crystal Goose. I have made it my quest to find a crystal goose, leaded glass goose or something similar. If anyone reading this comes across something like this, PLEASE let me know. I want to display it prominently in my home as a reminder of Sveta's first three+ years of life and as a symbol of our love for her. To the casual observer it may just look like a dusty knick-knack (no knock on Tami's housekeeping, of course :-) But to anyone who knows the story, they will know everything that goose represents. And hey, I'll probably dust it once in a while too.

P.S. I'm serious. If you find a crystal goose or something resembling crystal, please contact me. I know they're out there. I just need to find one.

3 comments:

  1. So I already posted a comment but it didn't save. Oops. :)

    I love that you are blogging! I think it's great!!

    Also, I got your email about this subject, and I wasn't meaning to ignore you. These days are just crazy and my inbox shows it. We actually have a crystal bell with a goose on top that we bought when we were in Gus last. We'll keep our eyes peeled for one when we go back!

    Love you www.
    Peach

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to apologize. I know how crazy your life has been. I know you're not ignoring me.

    And YES! YES! YES! Please keep your eyes peeled for a crystal goose or something crystal with a goose on it. It would make everything about it so much more meaningful if it actually came from Gus Khrystulny.

    Love you!
    Daddy/Mick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, would you pass this on to Barry? I don't have his e-maill addy.

    ReplyDelete