Saturday, October 1, 2011

Why did you name it THAT?

Hello friends and family. Welcome to my blog. I've been looking for a way to express my thoughts and decided to join the "Blogosphere" to do it. You may be wondering why I named it "Silence Runs Deep". Well, first you need to know I didn't name it. Tami did. I told her of my desire to blog and asked for her help in naming it. We brainstormed ideas and tried to come up with something that exhibited my quiet nature. I also wanted it to show that although I'm a quiet (sometimes even SILENT) man, there are thoughts running through my head all the time. Sometimes they are simple thoughts (Tami would say most of them), such as, "I wonder what's for dinner?". Other times they may be more complex or DEEP. Hence the name for this blog. The sometimes deep thoughts of a usually silent man.

It probably doesn't matter to most of you what's on my mind. However, on the off-chance you are interested, I will post my thoughts on many topics whenever the fancy strikes me. I may discuss my faith, my loving wife, my three wonderful kids, a terrific son-in-law, a grand-dog (probably the only dog I'll ever love), my granddaughter Sveta who will be arriving home from Russia very soon or any number of my family and friends. I may discuss sports. Anybody who knows me knows I love the Cincinnati Reds. Knows the Bengals have been the epitome of pathetic forever and I truly don't care anymore. I may discuss food, cooking, gardening, grilling or anything else that involves the preparation and enjoyment of good food. I may discuss my job as a teacher. And yeah, I may even whine about it from time to time. But rest assured this won't be a blog where I whine and complain all the time. Nobody wants to hear or read about that. You all have plenty of problems of your own, you certainly don't need to add mine to your plates. I may discuss my adventures in lawn care or pool maintenance (exciting stuff!). I may discuss good books I've read or good movies I've seen. Who knows? Maybe I'll even post something that you find interesting or entertaining. Please feel free to comment and participate in this blog. I am looking forward to this.

Mick

No comments:

Post a Comment