Friday, October 7, 2011

Mama told me there'd be days like this

Thursday was a horrendous day at work. The reasons would bore and/or sadden you, therefore just suffice it to say it was "one of those days". We all know that children are not always little angels. Yesterday they nearly put me under. But as advertised, this blog will not be a forum for me to whine and complain. I wanted to put a positive spin on an otherwise awful day.  When I arrived home I was not feeling too chipper. Tami allowed me to vent and then said we should go out to eat. Michael and Abby were busy so it was an easy decision to make. We went out for a nice dinner and each had a drink. I vented in the car on the way to the restaurant and maybe even a little during dinner. It was so nice to be out alone with my wonderful wife. She listened sympathetically to my trials and tribulations of teaching at an inner city school and offered kind, non-judgmental words of encouragement. We had a good time and enjoyed each others company (I probably enjoyed her company more than she enjoyed mine). Anyway, I wanted to use this space to thank my wife for talking me down off the ledge and for putting me in a much better mood. God sure knew what he was doing when He put us together more than twenty years ago. Mama told me there'd be days like these, but she didn't tell me I'd have a wife that would make yesterday's troubles seem like they never even happened. I am the most blessed man alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment