Friday, June 7, 2013

Change of plans

God is sovereign. The Lamb is on the throne. My plans are not God's plans.

Vacation is off. My sister-in-law, Maria, in Phoenix, Arizona has been battling cancer for several years. Until recently she has been holding her own. We received a phone call this morning informing us that she has taken a fast and drastic downward turn. Due to some experimental treatment she has a hole in her intestine that cannot be surgically repaired (due to her frail condition). In turn this hole is going to cause sepsis. Sepsis is what is going to ultimately cause her death. She has been given anywhere from hours to days to weeks to live.

The decision to cancel vacation is a no-brainer. Instead of leaving for Michigan this evening, Tami and I will head west and drive to Phoenix. I wasn't expecting to drive all the way across the country this week, but Tami and I feel the need to minister to the family in any way we can. Please pray for us as we drive across the country with only hours to prepare. Also pray for ways that we can be a witness for Christ in this time.

I will try to update this blog as often as possible, but there may be a few days where you don't hear from me.

To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment